Oo! Another award! Aw! I want to thank the beautiful Beverley over at Beverley Lee Writes for nominating for this adorable award! I love getting these awards not because it means people actually read my blog (which is amazing in and of itself), but because I get to interact with and nominate other people! So, without further ado!
🍁Thank the blogger who nominated you, and provide a link back to their site
🍁Answer the ten questions sent to you
🍁Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer
🍁Nominate ten blogs
1) Your favorite author is going to call you for a once in a lifetime chance to talk. You can only ask them one question. Who is the author and what is the question? Why?
I don’t really have a favorite author because I think each author has strengths and weaknesses and I like each author for different reasons. However, if I was allowed to ask an author one question I’d want to ask Suzanne Collins, author of Hunger Games, how she came up with the clock idea for the 75th Hunger Games arena. Pure genius and I love it!
2) Which fictional character would you want as a friend, and why?
This may sound crazy, but I really think that I’d want Shay from the ‘Uglies’ series as my friend because she has a dark determination to her. She knows what she wants. She’ll do anything to get it and nothing is more important to her than the friendship she had with Tally (before Tally ruined it). Shay is a strong, defiant character and I respect her for that.
3) List three books you’ve read more than three times.
Oh no! Giant goose egg! I haven’t read a single book three times, much less three books. I don’t even think there’s a single book that I’ve read twice because I’m the worst reader on earth. I read slow and there were many times in my life when I didn’t enjoy reading. So, I haven’t actually done a lot of reading and am still catching up on all the books I missed in the past few years. Maybe some day I’ll be able to name a book I’ve read multiple times, but right now I have none. Sorry.
4) Who would you say is your greatest writing influence in terms of your own style?
Uh… Greatest writing influence in terms of style? I honestly don’t think I have anyone because I’ve spent so much time writing and so little time reading that I can’t say anyone has truly impacted my writing. Though, somewhere along the lines of my writing years I switched from third person past to first person present. Someone must’ve spurred that into action. However, who, I can’t possibly say.
5) What are you working on at the minute?
What aren’t I working on at the moment is the more appropriate question. :p I have… five books in the works at the moment. Haha! They’re all in different stages, but actively I am working on a brand new novel entitled ‘Divers’ as part of #NaNoWriMo! Woo! Really enjoying it so far! Can’t wait to see where it goes from here!
6) Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
I just finished reading ‘Gathering Blue’ by Lois Lowry and to be honest, it’s difficult to come up with someone that I imagine could play this role. However, I think that if I had to pick someone to play Kira I’d probably pick Saoirse Ronan. She’s a bit old to play Kira, but she has the general demeanor of her.
7) How important is a book cover to you? Would it influence you over the back blurb?
A book cover is probably one of the most important things to me when looking for a new book because it’s the first thing that I see. It’s the first impression that I have of the book. Based on the cover I will either pick it up and read the blurb or walk on by. However, no matter how nice the cover is, I wouldn’t buy a book if it’s blurb didn’t interest me. It is quite disappointing, though, when a cover is gorgeous and the blurb is boring. -.-
8) If you could live in one fictional world, where would you live?
Oh geez. Just one? Can’t I pick all of them? There are so many amazing worlds out there that I’d love to live in and enjoy and explore and experience. I’m not even sure that I can pick one. Perhaps Neverland? I think it would be fun to race around the woods all day, play games, and fight pirates. Life would always be a game and the limits would simply be your imagination. That would probably be my favorite world, but who knows. :p
9) Do you let other people borrow your books?
NO! Absolutely not! Not even if Hell froze over because I don’t trust people enough to not bend the covers, break the spines, and dog-ear the pages. So, I just don’t do it!
10) Books have some of the most wonderful quotes among them. Which is one of your favorite quotes, and why does it resonate with you?
This is difficult because it’s very true that there are tons of amazing books out there and even more quotes from them, but as for this. I am picking a quote from Delirium by Lauren Oliver.
“It’s amazing how words can do that, just shred your insides apart. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me – such bullshit.”
This quote resonates with me because people forget that words have weight. They can hurt someone just as easily as physical actions and saying that they won’t affect someone truly is bullshit. If words weren’t powerful, how would they be able to move people to laugh, to cheer, to cry? Words are both beautiful and dangerous. It’s for that reason that we must all remember how powerful words are and we should use them to inspire, not tear down.
1) The Candid Cover
2) Lucy @ Blondewritemore
3) Solveig @ Solveig Werner | collective, multilingual…
4) Sara @ Freadom Library
5) Theresa @ Teresa McRae
6) Eve @ Eve Messenger’s OtherWORDly Endeavors
7) Nicola @ Rust and Stardust
8) Natalie @ Fluent Historian
9) The Paper Ship
10) Michalah @ CAPE TOWN DREAMER
Questions For Nominees
1) What’s your favorite hobby?
2) Which fandom(book/tv/anime/etc) do you most closely associate with?
3) What book/series do you NEED to be made into TV show… like now?!
4) Are you a loud or silent reactor when reading books?
5) What cliche do you love even though it’s a cliche?
6) What’s your worst bookish habit?
7) Name one book you think EVERYONE should read and why?
8) What’s the best comment you’ve received on your blog?
9) What’s your favorite part about blogging?
10) What’s the best place you traveled to and why?