🍁Thank and follow the blog that nominated you
🍁Tell us 11 facts about you
🍁Answer the questions set up for you
🍁Nominate 11 people and make questions for them
1) I played lacrosse in high school.
2) I’ve played the violin since I was nine years old.
3) I am a mutt. My heritage includes dashes of Dutch, French, German, Swiss, and British.
4) I’ve traveled to four countries outside of North America: Germany, France, England, and the Netherlands.
5) I put enough creamer in my coffee to make it caramel colored. (P.s. I pronounce it as ‘carmel’.)
6) I enjoy hunting and have hunted four different species of animal.
7) When buttering/peanut-buttering my bread it has to perfectly cover the toast in an even, thin layer. (Random quirk. :p)
8) I love riding motorcycle.
9) I used to be scared of butterflies. I faced my fear two years ago by visiting the Butterfly House on Mackinac Island.
10) I hate pulp in my OJ. The texture of pulp is nasty! *shudder*
11) It sounds like I’m suffocating when I laugh and I’ve had people ask me if I’m okay. >.>
1) Most anticipated release of this year?
Uh… I’m not sure I have one. I’m so far behind on what’s going on in the bookish world that I have no idea what’s even coming out this year. Though, I have heard quite a bit about ‘A Madness So Discrete’, which sounds really good. I suppose, that would be my top choice.
2) Do you have any pets?
I do! I have a cat, Mittens(19 yrs), and a dog, Roxy(8 yrs), and I can’t imagine living without them. People who don’t have pets are truly missing out! Plus, who doesn’t want something fluffy and soft to hug and pet every day? ^.^
3) Which is better the book or the movie?
The book is always better. It’s better because it allows everyone to have their own image of the characters and the world, rather than confining them to the realistic versions that arrive in the movie versions. Not to mention, movies are so limited as far as internal thoughts, character interactions, and required to present the material in a way that explains things for people who didn’t read the book, while leaving out vital information from the book. It’s just not as good in so many ways. Books all the way!
4) Harry Potter or Twilight?
Wow. This is a question? Psh! Harry Potter! Duh! (I abhor Twilight… Sorry y’all) Besides, I prefer my vampires to be ravenous, bloodthirsty monsters who burn in the sunlight. Those are real creatures. P.s. Werewolves don’t shift on will. They’re forced to shift on the full moon because they’re cursed. Get your lore right! Come on! Not to mention all the wonderful new creatures and rivalries that were created in the Harry Potter series. Who wouldn’t like it more? :p
5) Coke or Pepsi? Is there a difference?
PEPSI! Oh my goodness! You people and your coke! It doesn’t taste as good and for all you people who don’t taste the difference, say what?! Pepsi definitely tastes different! Love it!
6) Favorite color?
Man. This question. Must I have a favorite? Can’t I just… taste the rainbow? No? Okay. :p My favorite color is probably green. I just always gravitate back to it no matter how often I jump around. (Black is a close second because black goes with everything. ^.^)
7) Favorite book of the year?
My favorite book of the year is ‘Gambit’ by C. L. Denault. Her book is exquisitely written with realistic character personalities, interactions, and development. Additionally, the world is beautifully built. This was an absolutely amazing book to read! I recommend it to everyone who enjoys YA, dystopian, science fiction, a little romance, and well, everyone else! ^.^ To see why I enjoyed it so much, check out my review.
8) Most hated book of the year?
Red Queen! Red Queen! Red Queen! Ugh! It inappropriately utilizes every cliché from the YA genre in a way that makes them overly cliché. Additionally, I didn’t like any of the characters, nor find them believable. Sorry to those who enjoyed this book. However, I did not. End of story. If you want more reasons (or a list of clichés) as to why I didn’t like this book, check out my review.
9) Plot that you would love to see show up in a book.
Book is from the villains point of view and they get a happy ending, which isn’t a happy ending for other people, obviously. What can I say? I have a dark side… or maybe I am the dark side. (Come to the dark side, we have cookies. ^.^)
10) Fan cast of your favorite book.
Uh… This is probably the hardest question I’ve ever had to answer because I don’t generally imagine characters. I know, silly, but true. I don’t have mental images of what the characters look like and if I don’t they’re only half-formed: skin color, hair color, eye color. Nothing else really ever appears. In that sense, I can’t say that I really have a good idea of a fan cast for my favorite book, much less know what my favorite book is.
I suppose, I’ll cheat for this one and say that I really love the cast that was chosen for ‘The 100’ series. Granted, I saw the show before I read the book, but I think they did a nice job with the casting (except for Octavia, who is much younger in the book than in the show. That threw me off.)
11) Do you like chocolate?
Yes! I like chocolate! My favorite is white chocolate with milk coming in at a close second. I’ll eat dark, but only if it’s not too bitter and only if it’s the only option. However, I don’t like chocolate milk, chocolate ice cream, chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, etc. Those just don’t taste like chocolate. They’re too artificial!
- Solveig @ Solveig Werner
- Samer @ BookBubbleBee
- Cristina @ My Tiny Obsessions
- Olivia & Alex @ Brewing Up Books
- Nicolette @ A Little Bookish, A Little Writerly
- Breeanna @ Breeanna Pierce
- Natalie @ Fluent Historian
- RJ @ Heir of Ravenclaw
- Magda @ Magic of Books
- Beverley @ Beverley Lee Writes
- Maha @ Younicorn Reads
1) Would you rather be the absolute best at one thing or be pretty good at a bunch of different things?
2) Is there any movie that you enjoyed more than the book? If so, what movie?
3) Has a movie ever inspired you to read the book?
4) What are you most looking forward to that has nothing to do with books?
5) Coffee or tea? Or juice? Or water? Or milk? Or pop?
6) What is one quirk that you have?
7) If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
8) What’s your comfort food that you go to when you need a pick-me-up?
9) Have you ever binge-watched a TV show? If so, which one?
10) Where do you most want to travel in the world?
11) What’s your biggest pet peeve?