First off, I have to thank the absolutely amazing Kelly @ Stellar Scrutiny for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I’m so honored!
Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
Give 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
Give them 11 questions to answer.
1. Somehow, I broke both of my feet in the same place (many years apart.)
2. None of my wisdom teeth have grown in (and may never.) Score!
3. I have a knack for memorizing TV show theme songs. (I remember most from when I was a child.)
4. I stare at people’s eyes like a creep because my undergrad research project was on the ‘genetics of human eye color.’ Sorry in advance. :p
5. Horses scare me, but I love horseback-riding. ^.^
6. I hate wearing shoes and would always go barefoot if given the opportunity.
7. I love climbing trees!
8. I get the most compliments on my smile. Not sure why…
9. I suck at video games, but love playing them!
10. Totally wish I could drift! That’d be EPIC!
11. I’m an AMAZING dancer. :p
What’s your favorite book and why?
Ugh! *headdesk* I hate this question. I hate any question that has the word ‘favorite’ in it because it’s IMPOSSIBLE to narrow down all the amazingness in the world to one single thing. How am I to pick just one book? One book out of billions?! o.O I can’t even pick one book per genre that’s my favorite. I mean, really! So, sorry, but no favorite book. I can’t pick. Just can’t. I might implode if I try too hard.
If God himself, said you could choose the director, actors, screenplay writers, etc. for a book-movie adaptation, which book would you like to see on the big screen?
I would probably pick UGLIES by Scott Westerfeld because I want to see this world come to life. There’s so much futuristic technology. There’s such amazing world-building. It’d be awesome! The hover boards. The bungee jackets. The party towers. Oh man! This would be so cool and I’d really like to know what a pretty would look like. What’s appealing to everyone? ^.^
If you had to live on one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Chocolate frogs or All-Flavor Jelly Beans?
Oo… tough question. I love me some jelly beans, but they mean all flavors. 0.0 And I have tasted some pretty nasty ones in my day. To be honest, grass was the worst. Bleh! So, in that case, I’ll take the chocolate frog. (Funny story. I got one went I went to Wizard World in Universal Studios and it was so hot that by the time I got home it’s face was melted. :p)
Your opinion on the Hunger Games trilogy?
I love the idea! I love the concept, the world, the dystopian-elements, and the darkness of the story. However, the characters became annoying and often lacked depth. Even so, I do love the trilogy. I loved it enough to be quite obsessed with the number of elements the movie skipped over- KEY elements required to show the cruelty of the Capitol. I mean, come on! That was vital information! *headdesk*
Summer or Winter?
What is this? Game of Thrones? Winter! For sure! I love the cold, the snow, the crisp taste to the air, bundling in lots of clothes, coming in after a long day outside to warm by the fire, hot cocoa. Shall I continue? Snow angels. Snow forts. Snowball fights. Snowman. Skiing. Skating. Snowboarding. With so many reasons, why wouldn’t you pick winter?
The zombie apocalypse has arrived! Who do you want as your one companion?
Wow. It wasn’t specified that this has to be a fictional character… So, I totally pick Jason Statham. Perhaps all his butt-kicking is just in the movies, but he’s such a badass that I’d pick him anyway! :p We’d totally survive the apocalypse! Bring it on zombies!
What’s your favorite hobby (other than reading)?
Other than reading? Well, lots! Haha! I have so many other hobbies that some days I don’t have time for reading. :p I have to plan out my day very carefully. Everyone here knows that I spend quite a bit of that time writing novels (that I hope to publish someday), but one of my other favorite hobbies is coding. I mean, coding on the internet with the crazy symbols and what not. I used to do quite a bit of this back in the day and was quite good at it, too. :p I wish I still had a reason to continue. It’s tons of fun. (Okay. For me it is. Hee hee!)
What one word would you use to describe yourself?
Eclectic. There are tons of words I could choose: outgoing, friendly, adventurous, boisterous, obnoxious, crazy. :p However, I think the best word is definitely eclectic because it means ‘
In the spirit of the season, what’s your favorite Christmas song?
Oo! This is a tough one. My favorite Christmas song… There’s so many of them! I posted quite a few of my favorite Christmas songs ‘On the 1st day of Christmas‘ post back in December, but let’s see… Oh man! So many amazing songs and all of them are so different that it’s nearly impossible to pick… For that reasoning, I’m going to go ahead and actually pick a compilation that is ABSOLUTELY hilarious! I love this video and I hope you do, too!
What made you decide to start a blog?
My novels. As
blatantly stated all over my blog, I’m an aspiring author. I hope to someday publish my novels so that I may share them with readers who are looking for somewhere to disappear. After all, that’s what reading is to me. It’s an opportunity to let my imagination sore, for my mind to build a world based on the words on the page, and to forget what’s going on for a while. I hope to bring that kind of joy and freedom to readers like so many books have done for me.
1) Breeanna @ Breeanna Pierce | Live. Learn. Write.
2) A. Marie @ A. Marie Silver’s Blog
3) Kelly @ Stellar Scrutiny
4) Agnete @ A. J. Lundetrae | Writing Fantasy
5) Beverley @ Beverley Lee Writes
6) Sara @ Freadom Library
7) Madeleine @ Madeleine D’Este
8) Nicolette @ A Little Bookish, A Little Writerly
9) Olivia & Alex @ Brewing Up Books
10) Nicola @ Rust & Stardust
1. What’s one guilty pleasure you have?
2. What childhood activity do you miss now that you’re an ‘adult’?
3. Do you speak any other languages besides English?
4. Chocolate or gummy bears?
5. What Harry Potter house are you in? (This may determine the future of our friendship -.-)
6. What fandom(HP/GOT/Dr. Who/HG/etc) annoys you to no end?
7. What’s in your Dauntless fear landscape? (aka what are you afraid of?)
8. Name a song you’re totally obsessed with at the moment.
9. Are you the center of attention or a wallflower?
10. What’s your favorite part of blogging?
11. If given the opportunity to do something without any consequences, what would you do?