1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Nope. Not one of those people. I can read in a car, on a boat, on an airplane, in a box with a fox. :p
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you?
I’m not even sure what this means… o.O A writing style completely unique to me? Maybe my writing style? (Because I hope to be an author?) o.O Ugh! All the questions on this thing better not be this hard!
3. Harry Potter series or Twilight saga? Give 3 points to explain your answer.
Really? This is an obvious: Harry Potter!
1) Slytherin House for the win!2) Thousands of different creatures.
3) Durmstrang men. *melts*
4) No desire to read a love triangle about sparkly vampires & shifters who call themselves werewolves. Psh.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what’s in it (besides books)?
A book bag? Nah. I don’t wanna damage the covers carrying my books all over the place… but I did this recently because I was taking a book to work with me. Normally, the book doesn’t stay in my work bag that long, but this one did. *sigh* Darn you ‘A Clash of Kings!’ Now you look all damaged!
5. Do you smell your books?
Um… Not generally. Though, it really irks me when a book has a not-new smell. Like it smells old, or worn, or just… strange. >.> Complete turn-off.
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Illustrations in the book? Without. Illustrations were cool when I was younger, but I like the chapter to speak for itself. No title even is preferred.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Eragon. I really enjoyed this book when I was younger, but it became more apparent as I grew older that it really wasn’t the best book in the world, probably due to the writer’s age at the time. Oh well! I enjoyed it, but I didn’t continue the series. I couldn’t even get half way through Eldest before I gave up. *sigh* Maybe I’ll try again?
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I did a book report on Harry Potter & The Sorcerer’s Stone for 3rd grade and got a C. :p Oh well. Haha!
9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
The tiniest book on my shelf is ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’ by J.K. Rowling. I bought this many years ago when I was young(er) and far more into Harry Potter than I am now. The last three books kind of killed it for me. That kind of nudged me to the back of the fandom train, if ya know what I mean. :p
10. What’s the thickest book on your shelf?
It used to be ‘Die Kinder- und Hausmaerchen’ by the Brothers Grimm. However, due to recent events (birthday, St. Nikolaus Tag, and Christmas), my biggest book has become ‘A Storm of Shadows’ by George R. R. Martin. It’s 1,100 pages. Quite daunting, frankly. It might be a while before I actually get around to reading this, but I can just imagine the accomplishment I’ll feel when I do. :p
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as an author?
Absolutely! I have dozens of unique worlds rushing through my head and I want to share them with young readers so they can disappear into my worlds as I’ve disappeared into the worlds of other authors.
12. When did you get into reading?
When? Gosh. My reading has been on and off throughout my entire life (until now). It started when I was young, though, with my mom reading Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder to me before bed. From there school killed it for a while, but I’m back b*tches! :p
13. What is your favourite classic book?
I’m not entirely sure what a ‘classic’ book entails, but of the books that popped up I either haven’t read them or am loathe to even think of them. That being said, I’m choosing ‘Black Beauty’ by Anna Sewell. This book was amazing!
14. In school, what was your best subject?
My best subject in school was German. I’d wanted to learn German since I was five-years-old. So when I got the chance I jumped at it! ^.^ *is a geek* (I also enjoyed orchestra, math, and science. Why I’m into reading and writing, I’ll never know. :p)
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
Thank the person who gave me the book and pretend I hadn’t read it yet. It’s only polite. They don’t know what you’ve read/disliked and it’s rude to refuse a gift.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Uh… I can’t think of anything. >.> I’m still catching up ‘popular’ books. It’ll be a while before I can find something not as well known.
17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
I can’t say that I have any yet. My blog hasn’t been around long enough for me to create any bad habits, I suppose. We’ll give it time and check back in. :p Though, I have a really hard time NOT doing a tag I’ve been tagged for. (So please don’t tag me in the next months as I’ll be way too busy to do them and I’ll feel way guilty not doing it. *Sigh*)
18. What is your favourite word?
My favorite word… Gosh! Well, if that ain’t a difficult question I don’t know what is. I’m not sure I have a favorite English word. My favorite German word, though, is ‘Umgebung’, which means ‘all around’.
19. Are you a nerd, dork or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Of the options given: nerd. I generally refer to myself as a ‘geek’ though. ^.^ However, I have a history of being an ‘orch dork’ since I played violin in high school. Haha!
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Hmm.. Honestly, I don’t care either way. I don’t read much in either realm, but I suppose fairies since they have more freedom with lore and specifications. I’ve kind of always loved the intricacy that goes into fairy art, too.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Shapeshifters. I’m not a fan of angels and because there’s so many variations and possibilities with shifters. They’re epic!
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves. Hands down. Why? Because I am one! Duh!! Oh. I probably shouldn’t have told you that… -.-
23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Vampires. Not a big zombies fan. They’re kind of… blah for me. I mean, zombies are so limited in their specifications and lore and that’s no fun. Vampries kind of are, too, but they’re way more epic than boring ol’ zombies. (And I don’t like lore-butchered vampires. >.>)
24. Love triangle or forbidden love?
Forbidden. There’s just something awesome about a taboo love like being enemies and love triangles are overdone. Forbidden love has way more possibilities for it. Not to mention, the tension tends to be much higher in forbidden love than in a triangle. So, there.
25. And finally: Full on romance or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action! Romance is cute, but so often it’s just done wrong and it tends to be much slower. Action is one of those throw-you-into-the-mix things. Can’t go wrong! Well… unless you’re Thor. :p
1) Brigid @ WordFare
2) Breeanna @ Breeanna Pierce
3) Millie @ Millie Schmidt
4) Katerina @ Book Box By Kat
5) Raven @ Dreamy Addictions
P.s. I am no longer doing blog tags because I will not have the time to devote to them in the coming months. So, while I thank you for tagging me in the past, I request that you tag some other amazing, fun bloggers to participate in book tags and other tags alike. Thank you! ^.^