Hi, everyone! I’m Britt and I’m a book blogger at Geronimo Reads. I heard Melanie was looking for some guest posts for December and thought I would offer a cute Christmas dessert, perfect for family gatherings or if you just want to experiment! I’m a terrible baker (really, I am) so I love making no-bake truffles. These Oreo & white chocolate ones are to die for! And what better way of decorating for this winter than to make them into melting snowman?!
You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 16 oz. white candy coating wafers, melted
- 48 Mini OREO Bite Size Cookies
- decorations: decorating icing or gel; multi-colored sprinkles
- After crushing the Oreo cookies, whether it be with a good ‘ole rolling pin or in a food processor, mix together the finely crushed cookies and cream cheese until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into 1-inch balls and place in single lines on a cookie sheet. Put in the fridge for 20 minutes to set.
- Dip the balls into the melted white chocolate, allowing the excess chocolate to pool at the bottom of each ball. Decorate with whichever ingredients you like.
- Place mini Oreo cookies on top of the ball before chocolate hardens.
- Set back in fridge for 1 hr or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
I personally would put the balls into the freezer for 30 minutes, rather than the fridge. I noticed that the balls were still soft and some broke while trying to coat in the chocolate. I used gel icing to decorate the snowman’s face, but I would recommend something that will set nicely. The gel doesn’t harden even after being in the fridge over night.
Source for recipe: http://www.snackworks.com/recipe/melting-snowmen-cookie-balls-128120.aspx