It’s the most wonderful time of the year and we get to watch CHRISTMAS MOVIES!! While I love the decorations and the candy, my favorite part of Christmas has always been the movies. Although my dad made me suffer through some Christmas film traditions that made me never want to look at a TV again (I’m looking at you, A Christmas Story), there were some that stuck. Most of the movies that made my list, I admit, followed me from the years of my childhood. Without further ado, here are my favorite Christmas films!
- Home Alone – I mean, come on. This one is a classic! Is there anyone out there that doesn’t love watching poor Kevin McCallister trying to thwart the dumbest thieves on the planet.
- Krampus – My new favorite Christmas movie. My husband and I picked Krampus up last year thinking it was horror and were pleasantly surprised! This an amazing horror comedy with a twist! We’ve watched it more than a few times…
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer – I have no doubt that if I hadn’t watched this as a kid I wouldn’t love it now. It’s a weird movie with weird animation and a bad case of the Mandela Effect. As it turns out, I do love Rudolph and I watch this movie every single year without fail!
- The Santa Clause – This year I got to introduce my husband to The Santa Clause and it was glorious! Most of the older movies I make my husband watch don’t go over well, but even he enjoyed Tim Allen turning into Santa. This movie gives me all the feels!
- Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too – I don’t remember when I first watched this movie but I hunted it down as an adult because it’s absolutely my favorite Winnie the Pooh movie! They’ve added in some unnecessary fluff in recent years, but the original is still in there and it’s still fantastic!
So there you have it – my favorite Christmas movies (and yes, I’ll be watching all of them this year)! Are any of these on your favorites list?
Hi, my name’s Tracy, and I’m a bookworm who blogs over at Cornerfolds. I’m a proud wife and mommy to two fur babies, Disney junkie, Ravenclaw, and veteran. Follow me via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Bloglovin’